Social Security Disability Benefits for Lupus
The Social Security Administration has lupus on its official listing of impairments. But in order to qualify as disabled, you must meet certain criteria:
1) Your lupus symptoms must affect at least two body organs or systems.
2)Your condition must include two of these symptoms:
- Involuntary weight loss
- Exhaustion resulting in decreased mental or physical activity
- Feelings of illness or discomfort leading to low physical or mental activity
1) Your symptoms include at least two of the symptoms above and affect your:
- Day-to-day life activities
- Social functionality
- Completing tasks because you can’t keep focus
2) Your limitation must interfere with your ability to function on a variety of levels including, but not limited to, your job.
Proving anything to the SSA is complex, but as you can tell, lupus has its own set of rules. If you have lupus and think you may qualify for disability benefits because you are unable to do any type of work, call us right away for a free case evaluation. Even if you don’t meet the exact listing criteria for lupus, you may still qualify.
Getting Social Security Disability When You Have Lupus
Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can affect many parts of your body. Suffering from chronic lupus can affect your day-to-day life. If it affects your ability to work, you may qualify for Social Security Disability benefits.
But winning disability benefits is never an easy task. You must prove that your lupus symptoms will prevent you from working for at least one year. On top of proving your disability, you have to deal with complicated laws, doctors and just trying to make ends meet.
If you suffer from lupus and can’t work, give us a call for disability benefits help.
The Right Medical Evidence to Prove Your Lupus Case
The symptoms and conditions below are often important in lupus disability claims and often arise with lupus:
- Oral ulcers
- Renal Disorder
- Malar Rash
- Antinuclear Antibody
- Discoid Rash
- Hematologic Disorder
- Neurologic Disorder
- Immunologic Disorder
You need proof from doctor evaluations, blood tests or other medical test as administered by a medical professional.
To help prove your lupus to SSA, consider working with our Social Security Disability attorneys. Call us at 312-561-3546.
Other Common Impairments We See In Our Chicago Area Clients:
- Anemia »
- Ankylosing Spondylitis »
- Asperger Syndrome »
- Asthma and COPD »
- Autism »
- Cancer »
- Carpal Tunnel »
- Chronic Fatigue »
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) »
- Crohn’s Disease »
- CRPS »
- Cystic Fibrosis »
- Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD) »
- Diabetes »
- Fibromyalgia »
- Headaches »
- Hepatitis C and Liver Disease »
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa »
- HIV/AIDS »
- Huntington’s Disease »
- Ischemic Heart Disease »
- Mental Conditions »
- Multiple Sclerosis »
- Muscular Dystrophy »
- Obesity »
- OCD »
- Osteoarthritis »
- Personality Disorders »
- Psoriasis »
- Rheumatoid Arthritis »
- Sarcoidosis »
- Seizures »
- Stroke »