Social Security Disability Benefits for Seizures
As with any condition, winning Social Security Disability benefits for seizures can be complicated. To be candid, seizure cases are particularly tricky with the Social Security Administration (SSA) because many people have seizure disorders where the main problems occur only when the person is not taking the medicine or is consuming alcohol. People with disabling seizure disorders are usually well aware of such other profiles because they tend to get the questions about medication or alcohol issues early and often in their interactions with medical professionals.
The SSA requires that you have frequent seizures that affect your ability to work – seizures that are so severe you will be unable to work for 12 months.
To qualify for disability benefits, you will need medical evidence including documentation of the frequency of your seizures.
There are different types of seizure disorders, SSA has different rules about each.
If you need help proving your seizures affect your ability to work for at least one full year, call our Chicago disability attorneys at Nash Disability Law. The process of getting disability benefits is usually complicated, so let us help you gather all the evidence of your seizures and prove to the SSA that you’re eligible for benefits.
Helpful Tips for Applying for Benefits When You Have Seizures
When you suffer from seizures that affect your ability to work, it’s important you do the following:
- See a physician or doctor as often as you can, whenever your seizures happen (if possible), or at least be sure to help your doctor be aware of what’s happening.
- Visits to doctors will help you obtain detail medical records and evidence to present your case to the SSA.
- Keep a diary of your seizures.
- Although your diary can’t replace medical evidence, it can still help strengthen your case.
- Update friends and family on your condition and the frequency of your seizures.
- When you apply for benefits, you will be asked about your ability to perform daily activities.
- Follow all the instructions your doctors give you including taking any prescribed medications.
- If it can be shown that you are unwilling to or just do not follow your doctor’s orders, it will be more difficult to win your case.
If you suffer from frequent seizures, call our disability attorneys. As you probably know, people misunderstand what you go through and the SSA is no different. We want to help you get the Social Security Disability benefits you need. Get started with a free consultation.
Call Us for Help Proving Your Seizures to Social Security
At Nash Disability Law, we’ve helped thousands of people in the Chicago area win disability benefits – including people who suffer from seizures.
If your seizures or the frequency of your seizures make it impossible for you to work, let our disability attorneys help you apply for benefits – or appeal if you were denied.
Winning disability benefits is never easy, but success is possible.
If you suffer from any seizures and can no longer work, call our disability attorneys at 312-561-3546 for a free evaluations of your Social Security Disability claim. Whether you need to apply or appeal your denial, call us first.
Other Common Impairments We See In Our Chicago Area Clients:
- Anemia »
- Ankylosing Spondylitis »
- Asperger Syndrome »
- Asthma and COPD »
- Autism »
- Cancer »
- Carpal Tunnel »
- Chronic Fatigue »
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) »
- Crohn’s Disease »
- CRPS »
- Cystic Fibrosis »
- Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD) »
- Diabetes »
- Fibromyalgia »
- Headaches »
- Hepatitis C and Liver Disease »
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa »
- HIV/AIDS »
- Huntington’s Disease »
- Ischemic Heart Disease »
- Lupus »
- Mental Conditions »
- Multiple Sclerosis »
- Muscular Dystrophy »
- Obesity »
- OCD »
- Osteoarthritis »
- Personality Disorders »
- Psoriasis »
- Rheumatoid Arthritis »
- Sarcoidosis »
- Stroke »