Free Advice Before You Apply for SSD
Whether you’ve already begun the application process or are still thinking of applying, Nash Disability Law, Chicago Social Security disability lawyers, wants to help you. Our staff is happy to discuss the details of your disability claim no matter what stage of the process you are in. Call us, (312) 443-0900, for a FREE consultation of your case.
What Does It Mean to Be “Disabled?”
Social Security considers you disabled under its rules if:
- You cannot do the work that you did before;
- You cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and
- Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or is expected to result in death
Is it difficult to apply for Social Security Disability Benefits in Chicago and Metro Area?
Not really – but it is difficult to get approved! Many people believe that what you put in your application determines whether you’ll be approved. Your application is merely a starting point to the process. The best advice we can give you is not to wait. File your application as soon as possible.
Most people who apply for benefits are initially denied.
Many people think that if they simply explain their medical situation to Social Security, someone at SSA will understand and award them benefits. Unfortunately, that’s not the way Social Security works. The Social Security disability “system” involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures – even unwritten ones!
You can be denied for any number of reasons, often through no fault of your own.
For example, you may be denied benefits if your doctor doesn’t know what’s important to your particular claim. Or, if a Social Security employee does not obtain the right medical evidence on your behalf. Or, if your appeal of a denial is handled improperly. That’s why it’s so important to contact Nash Disability Law. Our office has helped thousands of claimants in Chicagoland ultimately get their claims approved.
If You Need to Apply for Disability Benefits, Here are Some Great Reasons to Call Nash Disability Law Today
YOU WILL GET:
- A free evaluation of your claim to help you decide if your claim is worth pursuing.
- Information about filing, such as what is the best method for you to apply given your circumstances.
- Help with ensuring your application is processed timely – not delayed or lost!
- Suggestions on how to best describe your past jobs.
- Help with determining the best way for your situation to be understood, so that you have the best chance to be awarded the most “back pay.”
- Information about which medical records are the most important to helping the government best understand your situation. Not all records are equal.
- Information about what’s NOT important – you’d be surprised!
- Information regarding what you can do yourself to help get your claim approved.