Appeal Child SSI Denial

Chicago Lawyers Help You Appeal Your Child's Supplemental Security Income Denial

When your child lives with a disability, both you and your child find yourself working twice as hard for less. If you need help shouldering the burden of medical bills and the costs of living, it can seem like you have no place to turn. Worse, you’ve receive notice that your application was denied. It’s OK. There is hope.

Chicago Lawyers Here To Help You And Your Children

At Nash Disability Law, we’re focused on getting to know you and your child’s specific needs. Our team of lawyers has the experience of over three decades and thousands of cases to help your child file and get the SSI benefits you both need and deserve.

What To Do After Your Child’s Supplemental Security Income Denial

When your child is denied for SSI benefits, you’ll find yet another round of agencies and forms for you to deal with. There’s no reason for you to go it alone. Our lawyers know the system at both the local and federal levels, and they’ll get the right piece of evidence, at the right time, to the right person, in the right way to successfully appeal your child’s denied claim.

Our lawyers will guide you through the each stage of the disability appeals process:

  1. Reconsideration

    Your first step for appealing a denial is a Reconsideration Request.

    We’ll get your case re-reviewed by a different “adjudicator” who works for the SSA.

    However, around 85% of all reconsideration claims are denied. But we won’t give up.
  2. Administrative Hearing

    If your child is denied again, you can appeal to an Administrative Hearing with an ALJ.

    This is your first chance to meet face-to-face with someone who can approve your claim.

    Our lawyers will help you have your evidence well-prepared and well-presented.
  3. Appeals Council Review

    If the ALJ unfairly denies your claim, you can file a “Request for Review.”

    This review will be to argue that ALJ made an error of law when they decided your child’s case.

    We will help you be fairly heard by the Social Security Administration.
  4. Federal Court

    Finally, you can file a civil suit in Federal district court.

    The court may decide your child’s case there or they might send the case back to the ALJs.

    Your attorney will file all the needed paperwork and represent you against the SSA.


Thank you so very much for your help with my disability claim.  Please thank each and everyone who helped in getting this done. Every time I had questions and had to call you for advice, whomever I spoke with at the time was very helpful and polite and most of all caring. Once again, Mr. Nash, thank you so very much.

- Luisa
Read More Client Testimonials »